Saturday, October 30, 2010

Visual Essay Experience

This experience of writing a visual essay was very different from anything I have ever done before. In fact, I doubt any of us have ever done something like this before.

Personally I really like photography, so I was excited to take pictures. I didn’t expect it to be so hard to get the photos to actually "write" though. I really didn’t know what to take pictures of at first so I just went out and started shooting. Somehow I found pictures I liked...oddly enough the photos turned out to be of fences. When I started arranging them in a sequence I realized how important it was and I had a hard time deciding on a particular theme too. When I came down to boundaries, it was settled!

I have really enjoyed everyone else's presentations so far too. In particular Hyun Ki Lee's presentation on trashcans has changed my perspective on them forever. He had a very interesting presentation that kept me interested the whole time. The sequence of his photos was a completely logical progression.

I also found it interesting that people did their projects on places other than Atlanta. The Charleston photos, Chicago, even Asia! - They were all so intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY like taking pictures too! and I LOVED his presentation! Hopefully we get more projects like this in the future. Your pictures were beautiful (:

    ReplyDelete